Oh god no!
If there is any relatable Governing Economic System system in the NT, it is a Free Market (where you have autonomy) inside a Monarchy/Kingdom, where Jesus is King.
Christianity is built with Grace, Forgiveness, and Charity (Agape) a word we’ve translated as Love.
This Charity is when one “freely” gives (usually sacrificially) to those with need, as Jesus requested of the Rich Young Ruler and as Jesus gave of Himself.
- Jesus intentionally showed no interest in Government.
- Jesus never created a social program, influenced a government law, nor did he use Government resources or power.
- Jesus never advocated for the collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods, NEVER! This IS the definition of Socialism.
- Jesus never defined Charity as ME giving YOUR money to someone else.
- The very word Entitlement removes any notion of Charity, Giving, or Kindness from both the supplier and receiver of the money.
- Jesus never advocated for a governing middleman, nor a politician who benefits from the money he takes and the money he gives.
- Jesus said, “But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,” This is impossible in a system that mandates you give.
- Paul said, “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” Also impossible in a system that mandates you give.
- Paul says the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
Greed doesn’t go away in Socialism; it merely redefines who’s greed is acceptable and reasonable, that being the Government and the Entitled preferred Recipients.
To anyone who believes that socialist redistribution of wealth is in any way the same as Christ “like” Charity, can prove it by supplying me with access to their bank accounts, and I will gladly give away their money in the name of Justice and Jesus.
- Jesus never protested, marched, organized dissent, or unionized against the Government. He never asked Rome to change. He merely offered His way and let people FREELY choose to participate or not. CHOICE is the antithesis of Socialism’s compulsory core.
- The Good Samaritan paid for everything himself.
- The Rich Young Ruler’s wealth nor power was taken from him and redistributed by Jesus. (or anyone else)
- Jesus preferred the 2 mites of the widow over the money bags of the rich givers. (giving is a HEART issue, not a Tax in the Kingdom)
Leave a Reply